Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation. The pandemic coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting all of our families, communities, and our way of life. We at the GENERATE Study wanted to reach out and let you know that your health and safety is our priority.
We understand that scheduling screening procedures may be difficult, if not impossible. To ease any concerns you may have around managing your health or participating in the study, we have provided some guidance below.
- If you are sick and have a fever and/or a cough:
- Please make sure you call your physician’s office first. Get their advice, and get tested for COVID-19, if appropriate.
- If you’ve recently learned that you are at high risk for pancreatic cancer and/or carry a mutation known to increase risk for pancreatic (or other) cancer:
- Please review your options for receiving a video consultation with your provider. Video consultations are available at many medical centers nationwide.
- Please schedule screening procedures in the future, based on local guidelines/restrictions related to the coronavirus.
Lastly, as recommended by top health officials, we strongly encourage you to practice social distancing and remain at home as much as possible. While you are home, please check your email for GENERATE Study materials to ensure you are up to date, as your completion of study materials and keeping in contact with the study team is essential.
Community is essential, especially during these difficult times. We have an amazing team at the GENERATE Study, and we are here for you. Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns, or just a warm hello, and stay connected with us through Facebook or Twitter.
As we go forward together, we’ll be sure to keep you updated. We thank you for being part of our community and participating in this important research.
The GENERATE Study team